The Beloved Heart Source | Home of Healing Path of The Rose | is here to provide a space of empowerment through enlightenment. This assists in bringing each personal into Divinity - the place of Soul Origin.
A Little Advice
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I find this interesting and something we should all consider when "quoting" biblical principles. Do we live by the Biblical Law? If we are going to take and make part of our lives one aspect of Biblical Law is that ok? or do we have to make all aspects of Biblical Law part of our lives? Where do we draw the line? and, what part of the Bible to we follow, omit, etc............?
A place of pondering...
·On her radio show, Dr. Laura said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew,
homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be
condoned under any circumstance. The following response is an open letter to
Dr. Schlesinger, written by a US man, and posted on the Internet. It's funny,
as well as quite informative:
Dear Dr. Laura:
Thank you for doing so much to educate people
regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to
share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend
the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus
18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some
advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how
to follow them.
1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves,
both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A
friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you
clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as
sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a
fair price for her?
3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman
while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The
problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I
know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my
neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the
Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally
obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating
shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than
homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of
abomination?
7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar
of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading
glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?
8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed,
including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly
forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a
dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by
planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing
garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He
also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to
all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16.
Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with
people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
I know you have studied these things extensively and
thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I'm confident you can
help.
Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is
eternal and unchanging.
Your adoring fan,
James M. Kauffman,
Ed.D. Professor Emeritus,
Dept. Of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special
Education University of Virginia
P.S. (It would be a damn shame if we couldn't own a
Canadian.)
Elohim as a collective of ‘Gods’ (neither masculine or feminine) but, simply Truth. Within Truth, there are breaches or branches that form to attend to the needs of the varying species of sentient forms throughout the Universes. Elohim stands directly within the vibration of what is humanly perceived as ‘love’ but doesn’t stop there. This ‘love’ is expanded out into a harmonious vibrational expression of miltha (vibrational utterance) that reverberates in the core of all existence. This does not segregate but is available to all within ‘oneness’. Though ‘oneness’ is a concept of BEing, it is too a concept of Holy Harmony. As Tesla stated, “If we understood the power of the 3, the 6 and the 9 we would have the Key to the Universe.” This is through the conception of the Golden Ratio that replicates throughout galaxies, star formations, evolution and almost all natural systems. It is through these frequencies that Elohim exists and comes forward into t...
A number of years ago I was challenged by a friend of mine. He asked me, “Are you in your Divinity?” Well… this took me down a ‘rabbit hole’ to say the least … that is on-going. (Alice in Wonderland???) I was taken inward to ponder this question … which I am still pondering. This has brought me to some amazing places. I realized I first needed to identify what “divinity” meant to and for me before I could even come close to answer this question. I found that personally, I feel “divinity” is that which my soul is and what my soul does regardless of what kind of incarnation I am in or not in. I have known for years that I am a Teacher. Whatever I do… Teaching Happens. I am a gleaner of information and this just sort of oozes out in what I project. So, to me, My Divinity is that of a Teacher. Ok Answered: … now what? My I AM Statement: I AM a Teacher rings with Truth. As Yeshua shared with his Disciples in John 8:31 in refere...
The relationship between mothers and daughters is beautiful and at the same time so very complicated. Who knows why? The relationship between me and my mother has always been challenging. She has had so many expectations and I have been the total opposite of everything she ever thought her 1st daughter would be. This is neither good or bad - just different. It has been difficult because she can't begin to fathom who and what I am and at the same time difficult for me in that I have always had such a deep desire for you to just try. It does seem that I am so far away from the foundation of who she is that she just hasn't been able to try. Honestly, she would just like to change me to be more like her in belief, lifestyle, etc. My mom recently had a pretty devastating stroke. She can still think and talk. The part of her brain that was affected has created a scenario where she has problems walking. You have to understand that my mom has never been still for long. S...
Comments
Post a Comment